2015-11-20

Little Facts About Chang Gung #1~#3

#1
I would never forget my first Christmas in Chang Gung. No letters, not even postcards. I tried to be patient about living on such a remote campus. New Year's Eve was around the corner and I finally gave up, when a friend of mine called. "Hey, did you receive my card or not," he sounded angry. "A card? You sent me a card?!!" I rushed downstairs to see if there was any mail for me but all I got was this answer from the matron,"We receive only packages here. All letters will be sent to the Office of Student Affairs." What?!  I hurried to the second floor of the Cafeteria and then I found this.

「百家姓信箱......」I couldn't believe such a thing would ever exist in a school. Mailboxes in a sequence of surnames! That's like collecting all the letters to someone named Smith in America and putting them into one box, just to give you an idea of how crazy this is. 
My family name is Lin. Lin and Chen are the two most common surnames in Taiwan. Without even saying a word, I knelt down and started to rummage through piles of letters. I was so eager to find my letter that I could hardly maintain my composure. After going through all the possible piles for the fourth time, I lost it.
So, what did you learn from this case of study? That's right. Surprise letters don't work in Chang Gung. If you happen to be a secret admirer to someone, make sure you send him/her a package instead of a letter. But you still need to trick your crush into inquiring with the matron to see if there is any package for him/her. Because what the matron does is only receive, not report. That boils down to one conclusion we had earlier: Surprises just can't work here. So go now! Go tell your friends and your family. Tell them to save letters and send only presents. Tell them to inform you after sending a present. Even if it was meant to be a surprise.╮(╯▽╰)╭ 
Wait, you said you still wish for an old fashioned letter after seeing those piles of mail? I admire your courage. In that spirit, I am gonna show you two boxes you can start with.

é*Mailboxes here are arranged in the order of receivers' Mandarin surnames. Letters that cannot fit any of those boxes will be put into "Others."

That concludes our little fact #1. Thanksgiving and Christmas are coming. Good luck, folks.





#2

There are two lost and found spots in CGU that I am aware of. One is this location in the Library (shown above).
é*You can retrieve stuff back simply by showing the librarians your Student ID Card and signing for the items. Keep in mind that the library only helps keep things for two to three months.

While most items here are found in the library, another lost and found site in the Office of Student Affairs gathers stuff from everywhere on campus.
é*This is the Inquiry Counter. There should be some students working here. Describe your missing item to them and they will check to see if they have it. If they have it, all you need to do is sign for it. And voila! Your stuff will be back.
Ok, maybe not that quick. As you can see, the things they have stored here can date back to September, 2014... 





#3

There is one more thing I want to talk about which might not change your life or make your life more convenient, it is just a little fact at CGU!

Every time you enter this area, have you ever wondered what those things are on the floor?
Is it public art or something else?
Actually it's not an abstract painting, it's a map of our school!

I think it is really interesting! Every time I mention this little fact to my friends, they all seem really surprised!

沒有留言:

張貼留言